Monday, April 19, 2010

The Nature...

Huuh…. The last week saw how the nature sends signals to show us who powerful is - the earth quake in china and then in Afghanistan and the volcanic eruption in Iceland. Today’s news says more than 1900 people died in China earth quake. The flights through Europe cancelled to the bellowing ash cloud caused due to the volcano.
I recall today what happened during the Gujarat earth quake. We were celebrating the Independence Day. Fortunately the discussion that we had the previous day made us to have the celebration in the open ground.

On the day of celebration, January 26, 2001, as we assembled in the volley ball ground, I noticed a lonely bird sitting on the top most branch of a tree and sounding a signal to all of us. I think it was a warning to all of us. I was not the only person to notice that bird. One our colleagues, noticed and he was sharing it the same moment when I was observing the bird. We both were looking at the beauty of the lonely bird singing a song. We both were poor at music that we could not understand the meaning and the forthcoming danger. The earth quake that followed made me think about the life that I am leading. What are we living for? Are we living to just enjoy what is on our way? Are we giving our near and dear ones the due they deserve? It went on and on….

Then came the flood after two years. I could sense I have to take some step forward to live my life with my dear ones. I decided to keep my friends from that moment. I decided to reconnect with one closest friend whom I unfortunately disconnected for her own good – for her good - at least that’s what I thought. I stayed with her for another five years. With time the memory weakens. We broke again in 2007.

Now the earth quake reminds me that resolution I have taken in the past. We forget many times that there is someone above us watching our actions every day every moment. The nature shows its might now and then so that we realize our insignificant size. Now once again it has shown us. Will we tread the right path? Will we obey the nature’s rules and accept the truth that we are part of the nature? Huuh….

No comments: